1911: Momchaoying Banlusirisarn Diskul died of rabies since rabies vaccine was not available in Thailand at that time.
HM King Vajiravudh (King Rama VI) permitted HRH Prince Damrong Rajanubharb to establish a center for vaccine production and vaccination against rabies. This center was opened in April 26, 1913 named "Pastura Sabha", and was later changed to "Sathan Pasteur" in recognition of Louis Pasteur, the pioneer in rabies vaccine production.
1917: HM King Vajiravudh had transferred all activities of Sathan Pasteur to Science Division, Thai Red Cross Society.
May 24, 1920: A permanent building name "Queen Saovabha Memorial Institute" was built by donation of money from King Vajiravudh for memory of his mother "Queen Saovabha" and the official opening was on December 7, 1922.
1923: Snake farm was established and production of snake antivenins was started. Horse farm was established in 1956, current number of horses is 350.
1953: The production of BCG vaccine was started.
2003: The production of TRCS ERIG (Equine rabies immunoglobulins) was started.